Hodgsons FC maintained there position at the top of the County Premier League with 3 valuable points away to Sculcoates. Danny Cartwright scored for the tanners after just 2 minutes and then Scott-Jon Tyler scored a remarkable goal. Wide on the edge of the box, Tyler hit a dipping shot which flew into the net to make it 2 nil.
At half time, former Grimsby Town player Mark Lever tried rallying his troops, and Sculcoates did respond by playing some nice neat football. Fortunately for Hodgsons FC they didn’t create any real clear cut chances, and it was left to the Hodgsons FC talisman Cartwright to secure the win with a fine solo goal. This was Cartwrights 10th goal in just 14 appearances, it has been money well spent following his transfer from league rivals Wawne Ferry.
Sculcoates did score a consolation goal, nothing less than they deserved after putting in a hard working display.
What was also pleasing for Hodgsons FC was the return of Ben Wallis after a long layout, and both Paul Silvester and Chris Heath came through the match having both had knee problems in previous weeks.
Man of the match – Karl Wallis
- Different Types Of Teaching In The 21st Century
- 5 Changes You Can Make To Improve Your Quality Of Life
- Football Academy At Bishop Burton College Crowned National Champions
- East Riding Of Yorkshire Councillor Anne Handley Elected New Leader
- Local Manufacturers Welcome College’s £500k Investment In Machinery