Hundreds of runners took to the streets and surrounding roads for the Beverley 10K.
Hot weather made for great conditions for spectators but for those taking part in the race, it must have been hard work.
Support as always was on hand to cheer on those taking part in the race which is sponsored by Pittaway.
Alongside the club runners, there were also a few others who tackled the gruelling course in costumes.
Those that jumped out included the Bertie the Beaver while there was also a chap who was juggling while running.
A hugely popular event spirit was high in the closing straights. Crowds offered words of encouragement to all runners in a show of appreciation for their efforts.
Once again Beverley Athletic Club excelled in marshalling and the organisation of the event.
Kris Lecher was the overall winner of the Beverley 10K while Becky Briggs was the first lady to cross the line.
Also worth noting from this race was that it featured a number of mums from the Beverley Minster Primary School.
They a group of mums are taking part in this race and a few others as they look to raise money for an outdoor area at the school.
Their efforts drew words of encouragement from the head teacher who ahead of the race. Rachel Hatter said the mums were a true inspiration to the pupils.
- Beverley Building Society Builds On Its Community Strategy By Supporting Local Sports Clubs
- Things To Consider When Picking The Perfect Engagement Ring
- How the 50/30/20 Method Can Help You Reach Your Savings Goals
- How To Make Your Driving More Economical
- Gambling Companies’ Revenue in Q4, Full-Year 2023 Financial Results