Beverley RUFC travel across the M62 again on Saturday for what must be their first ever visit to confront Sale RUFC at Heywood Road.
Steeped in history, the Heywood Road ground used to be the home of what is now the Aviva Premiership side Sale Sharks and, over the years, many famous players have carried the Sale colours including present Chairman Steve Smith and his England and British Lions colleague, Fran Cotton.
The present Sale club have risen through the leagues spectacularly over recent seasons and Saturday’s meeting should be an attractive affair.
Having started the season indifferently Sale have turned in some fine results recently and are currently two places above the Beaver’s in 4th place.
Head Coach Anthony Posa has some injury problems to sort out with the most serious and unlucky being James McKay who broke his arm again last Saturday.
Also absent will be Tonci Buzov who is on International duty with Croatia.
Posa said today;
“I guess it’s fixtures like this where you realise we are a small town club playing against the big city boys.”
“It is testament to all the hard work we have put in over the years to be at this level, so we will relish the challenge.”
Travelling fans are advised the coach will leave Beaver Park at 10am
- East Yorkshire To Bring Chatty Bus To Beverley This Month
- Beverley Residents Urged To Join Scheme To Help Clean Up East Yorkshire
- Walkington Heads Road Will Be Improved Using A Carbon-Reducing Scheme
- Bishop Burton College Celebrates Spring Live With A Family Fun Day
- Encouragement Being Offered To East Yorkshire Smokers To Quit