Matthew Grove joined local MP Graham Stuart in Beverley as the MP held one of his regular street surgeries meeting members of the public as he continued his campaign to be elected as the new Humberside Police and Crime Commissioner.
The Beverley street surgery was one in a series of similar events that have been held by Matthew over the past months and will continue right up to the elections on the November 15th.
“Street surgeries are a really good way of interacting with people, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised at the numbers of people who stop to talk, ask my opinions and particularly give me theirs.”
“The message coming through loud and clear is that people want a Police and Crime Commissioner to have a strong local voice for policing in East Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire rather than a professional politician with an axe to grind nationally.”
“They want to see crime cut and their communities made safer, the police being freed from unnecessary bureaucracy, and someone who will always support victims ahead of criminals and yobs.”
- The 5 Most Popular Degrees That Could Help You Boost Desirability To Employers
- World’s Largest Offshore Wind Farm Generates First Power
- Guildhall’s Memory Museum Returns To Beverley East Yorkshire
- Residents Urged To Be Prepared For Possible Flooding – Council On Standby
- Introducing New Evening And Weekend Bus Services In East Riding