Italeri produces some fantastic model kits and their 1:48 scale Lockheed F-117A Stealth Nighthawk is a perfect example of that.
As models go this is a very simple build while challenging in its own right. In terms of size, the kit once complete is a decent size model.
The Lockheed F-117A Stealth Nighthawk was once the pride of the US Air Force, it saw action in the Gulf War. While there it was undetectable by radar thanks to its unique diamond shape.
This kit certainly is something that those who like modern jets should tackle. It fits very well with just a little filler needed to mask the wing joins.
The builder also has a couple of options. You can have the wheels up or down while you can also have the bomb bay doors open to display the weapons.
While the instructions offer two finishes, the choice of flat black is the one most people will be familiar with.
Lockheed F-117A Stealth Nighthawk By Italeri Offers Great Value For Money
As opposed to using a dull boring black, Tamiya have a better solution with their Nato Black. This is slightly grey in colour buy provides a nice finish to replicate the real thing.
Other colours needed are Drab Olive and also white. This means you can get away with making this model with just three colours.
The most challenging parts of the kit are fitting the canopy. The clear parts, which are slightly yellow in colour need fitting with minimal painting.
However, it is possible to paint most of the model and then add the clear parts. This means no masking is needed.
Given its price point, this kit also offers great value for money. As a result of this, it is one of those kits that will offer a lot of bang for your buck.
In conclusion, without question, this is a model that comes highly recommended. If you buy this you will not be disappointed.
More model plane reviews
- ITALERI EA-18G Growler Build Review And Photos
- Revell Vought F4U-1A Corsair Model Kit 1:32 Build Review
- Revell Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IIa 1:32 Build Review
- Wednesday Market Transformed Into A European Style Pavement Dining Experience
- Parkway Cinema Back Open With Summer Offers And New Website
- Drunk Animal Creative Studios Searching For Three Apprentices
- Leisure Centres In East Riding To Reopen In Coming Weeks
- Sun Inn Licensee Thrilled To Hear The Sound Of Customers Again