2013 is the centenary of Benjamin Britten’s birth and Northern Chamber Orchestra are offering a programme with one of his works, the Lachrymae for viola and orchestra. Having a solo viola allows the inclusion of one of Mozart’s greatest works, the Sinfonia Concertante for violin, viola and orchestra. The Grieg is well known and Malcolm Arnold is always tuneful and attractive.
The full programme is: Grieg, Holberg Suite; Britten, Lachrymae for viola and orchestra; Malcolm Arnold, Sinfonietta no 1; Mozart, Sinfonia Concertante in E flat for violin and viola.
Tickets cost adults £12, concessions £10 and are available from Beverley Tourist Information Centre (01482) 391672 or via www.eastriding.gov.uk
- Sun Inn Licensee Thrilled To Hear The Sound Of Customers Again
- Let’s Start Putting Life and Vitality Back Into Community Says MP
- Council Approval Clears The Way For More Than 400 Homes As Part Of Beverley Masterplan
- Beverley Town Cricket and Recreation Club Awarded Cash From Council
- Beverley Art Gallery To Reopen On Monday With Two Exhibitions