If you know anyone that still needs to get their COVID-19 vaccines or boosters, the Health and Wellbeing Bus COVID-19 Vaccination Service is out on the road across the East Riding and Hull throughout the summer.
If you pop along to the vaccination bus this August, the local NHS team are running some special sessions for anyone aged 12+ for first, second or booster jabs, including the Spring Booster (if eligible).
It’s quick and easy and the team will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
School holiday clinics for those aged 12 and under
Alongside the vaccine bus, City Health Care Partnership (CHCP) are also running a number of extra walk-in clinics for younger age groups across the East Riding and in Hull, including clinics for those aged 5 to 11 (and for anyone aged 12 and in Year 7 who may have missed their in-school vaccinations at the start of the year) during the summer holidays on behalf of the local NHS vaccine team.
Some children will now be due for their second COVID-19 dose which should be 12 weeks after their first dose for most children. If your child still needs to get their first vaccine, it’s not too late.
Public health continues to encourage parents and carers to get their children vaccinated to give them long-lasting protection against serious complications of infection to the virus – including any future waves due to new variants. Children will also gain some protection from any mild symptoms.
More information about the COVID-19 vaccine for children is available on the NHS website: Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine for children aged 5 to 15 – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
• Children will be given the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine for both doses. The vaccine for children aged 5 to 11 is a third of the dose of vaccine that is given to older children and adults.
• Children at greater risk of serious illness if they catch COVID-19 should have two doses of vaccine, eight weeks apart. All other children will be offered two doses of vaccine, 12 weeks apart.
• One dose of the COVID-19 vaccine gives good protection against your child getting seriously ill. But two doses gives stronger and longer-lasting protection against future COVID-19 variants.
There are summer holiday dates planned for health centres in Goole, Market Weighton and Beverley, as well as at Bridlington Hospital, Alfred Bean Hospital in Driffield, and a number of health centres in Hull.
August 2022 dates include:
Westbourne Health Centre, Hull (HU5 3HP) – 10am to 4pm:
Tuesday 9 August, Tuesday 16 August and Tuesday 23 August (walk-in clinics for children aged 5-11 or 12 and in Year 7)
Orchard Health Centre, Hull (HU6 9DF) – 10am to 4pm:
Friday 5 August (walk-in clinic for children aged 5-11 or 12 and in Year 7)
Beverley Health Centre (HU17 7BZ) – 10am to 4pm:
Saturday 6 August, Saturday 25 August and Wednesday 31 August (walk-in clinics for children aged 5-11 or 12 and in Year 7)
Alfred Bean Hospital, Driffield (YO25 5JR) – 10am to 4pm:
Friday 19 August (walk-in clinics for children aged 5-11 or 12 and in Year 7)
Market Weighton Practice (YO43 3FF) – 10am to 4pm:
Friday 26 August (walk-in clinics for children aged 5-11 or 12 and in Year 7)
Bridlington Hospital (Community services) (YO16 4QP) – 10am to 4pm:
Monday 8 August (walk-in clinics for children aged 5-11 or 12 and in Year 7)
Goole Health Centre (DN14 6RU) – 10am to 4pm:
Thursday 4 August (walk-in clinic for children aged 5-11 or 12 and in Year 7) and Thursday 18 August (walk-in clinic for age 12+).
Remember, there is no need to book for a walk-in or the bus, so why not drop in while you are out with the family, shopping or meeting a friend. Please note, that there is a limited supply of vaccines each day.
Vaccine bus dates and locations are updated each week on the local vaccination website: https://vaccinatehullandeastriding.co.uk/
- East Yorkshire To Bring Chatty Bus To Beverley This Month
- Beverley Residents Urged To Join Scheme To Help Clean Up East Yorkshire
- Walkington Heads Road Will Be Improved Using A Carbon-Reducing Scheme
- Bishop Burton College Celebrates Spring Live With A Family Fun Day
- Encouragement Being Offered To East Yorkshire Smokers To Quit