Speaking after the game Jagger praised his side. He said;
“This was another good performance against a competitive side. I thought that in the first half we were excellent.”
“We moved the ball quickly, defended well and were also good in possession. Our front two were also a real handful all afternoon.”
“In the second half, we had to roll up our sleeves and get the job done. Which was exactly what we did.”
Jagger was forced to improvise up top with pairing Stark and Saltmer up front. His faith was repaid with both finding the back of the net.
Stark opened the scoring for Town slotting home from 10 years, while Saltmer made it two in two as he nodded home from a Michael O’Connell corner.
Alex Stark and Ryan Saltmer Repay Managers Faith
Town’s boss was also delighted with his sides defensive prowess that snuffed out everything United had to throw at them.
Skipper Nathan White again looked at centre back while Town’s keeper Ollie Thane put in what his gaffer described as a dominant performance.
Jagger’s side had further chances however they were unable to make them count. Despite this, they held out for the win keeping their slim hopes of a title alive.
Jagger will be looking for his side to maintain the form they have shown in the last couple of games as they look to chase down the leaders.
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play