‘Active Coast’ is a full programme of events and activities throughout the school holidays to celebrate sport and culture and allow people to explore, join in, and enjoy the East Riding’s stunning coastline.
Launched two weeks ago, the programme so far has been a huge success, with thousands of people taking advantage of the wide range of activities.
Highlights of the fourth week of activities (14 August – 20 August) include:
• Go Spike volleyball : Monday 14 August : 12 noon-3pm : Hornsea North promenade(Floral Hall grassed area) : 6-16 years : free
• Coastal Explorers – Fossil Hunt : Monday 14 August : 1-3pm : Mappleton (meet at beach car park) : age five plus : free : booking essential on 01482 395320
• Adult beach volleyball : Monday 14 August : 6.30-7.30pm : Bridlington South Beach : free
• All Ride adapted cycling : Tuesday 15 August : 1am – 3pm : Victoria Terrace, Bridlington : free
• Paint and Play : Tuesday 15 August : 1.30-3.30pm : Bridlington Promenade near foreshores office : free :colour in the Active Coast art wall
• Go Spike Beach Volleyball : Wednesday 15 August : 1-3pm : Bridlington South Beach : 6-16 years: free
• Have a Beach Day : Thursday 17 August : 11am – 3pm : Bridlington South Beach : free : Louder than Life drums; Cloud Collector storytelling; beach soccer; beach volleyball; beach cricket; Clip ‘n Climb (small charge); and more.
• Mile Marker Health Walk : Thursday 17 August : 10-11 am : East Riding Leisure Bridlington : free
• Beach Sports Session : Friday 18 August : 1-3pm : Bridlington South Beach : 6-16 years : free
• Sand Drawing Family Workshop : Saturday 19 August : 9am-3pm : Withernsea main beach (below pier towers) :free : Join artists from Responsible Fishing UK on the beach to create sand drawings on a huge scale.
• Sewerby parkrun : Saturday 19 August : 9am : free
• Sing for Freedom : 9.30am – 2pm : Bridlington Spa : free :a one-off event featuring a morning of music workshops, working with Remarkable Arts and their team of musicians, then performances in the Spa Gardens.
For full details of all Active Coast events, visit www.ActiveCoast.org
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play