John Bird who along with Barbara English are organising the Beverley Georgian Festival came up with the idea, and with help of top local Chef David Knowles from the Tickton Grange Hotel they created the competition to find ‘The Beverley Bun’.
With the entries in it was left to Jon Bird, Barbara English, Phil White, Helen Watson, Cllr Pat O’Neil and David Knowles.
A number of people entered but it was An Apricot and Orange Cinnamon bun with flaked almonds on top by Sugar & Spice Cafe that won over the panel of six judges.
It is hoped the Beverley Bun will become a part of the history of the town and be available for many years to come.
- Barratt Developments Yorkshire East Rounds Off Charitable Year With £35k Donation To SASH
- Assistant Chief Constable Warns Of Enforcement Against Those Who Breach Government Regulations
- MP Discusses How Covid-19 Has Impacted The Owners Of Mega Fun Beverley
- Skidby Mill Volunteers Need Material To Commemorate Anniversary
- 6 Telltale Signs You Need a Plumber