Beverley were in a commanding position last Saturday away to Sewerby though bad decisions and some less than impressive bowling saw town throw away their hold on the game.
Some Fisher’s selection headaches can be put aside for week as Beverley welcome back first team regulars Alan Acklam and more importantly their danger man Matthew Mudd who were both missing for the match against Sewerby.
“We face a big game this week where we are playing for a league position, so I’ll be looking for all players to step up to the mark and put last weeks’ loss behind us”
“This brings an opportunity for Greg Whyley to into the team after a string of good performances in the seconds.”
“Mudd’s return is a massive plus for us and he will lead the seam bowling attack along with Tommy Haytack and Bradley Graham.”
“Bringing Whyley into the team also gives me an option for another spinner if required, it’s a notoriously dry and dusty pitch so it will be good to see Jamie Roe and Whyley hopefully bowling in tandem.”
“With a batsmen short of our usual line up it will be even more important that the top 6 make a good mark on the scoreboard, but I’m positive the balance of the team is correct going in to this week’s match.”
Beverley Town Cricket Club 1st XI
- Free eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines From East Riding Libraries
- Swansea City Opera Present A Night Of Romantic Opera In Beverley
- Neighbours, Everybody Needs Good… Party Wall Advice
- Peter Ward Homes Announced As Regions Fastest-Growing Housebuilder
- Blue & Golds Will Take On Rangers In Rescheduled Cup Clash