Toll Gavel was given a treat on Christmas Eve by a group of carol singers who were singing to raise money for Hull Samaritans. The group was organised by Dodi Beardshaw and comprised family members and friends. From 11.00 am to 1.00 pm they raised £677.00.
Samaritans Director, Tony Rheinberg commented, “We are so grateful for the Carol singers and Dodi for organising this Christmas event and for the generous people of Beverley who gave so much”
Samaritans’ vision is that fewer people die by suicide.
Every day, Samaritans volunteers respond to around 10,000 calls for help. The local branch is based on Spring Bank in Hull and has over 60 Listeners. Everyone in the branch are volunteers and the charity has to raise funds every year to keep the lines open.
Tony went on to say “Suicide is complex and is rarely caused by only one thing. It is not inevitable, is preventable and suicidal thoughts are often temporary and can be interrupted”
- Beverley Building Society Builds On Its Community Strategy By Supporting Local Sports Clubs
- Things To Consider When Picking The Perfect Engagement Ring
- How the 50/30/20 Method Can Help You Reach Your Savings Goals
- How To Make Your Driving More Economical
- Gambling Companies’ Revenue in Q4, Full-Year 2023 Financial Results