East Riding Theatre is thrilled to announce that this year’s autumn production will be the premiere of ‘Gladys: A Beverley Love Story’ by Jane McLauchlan.
The latest production will run from Thursday 29th September to Saturday 22nd October.
Funny, true-to-life and touching, ‘Gladys: A Beverley Love Story’ is the heartwarming heroic tale of enduring love in everyday life. Gladys and Alfie have been married for 45 years.
Their nest is empty and their go-getter son is pursuing a ‘high-powered’ career as an estate agent in Leeds. What is left for Gladys and Alfie apart from cheese rolls at the local cafe and the daily crossword?
Set in Beverley, this slice-of-life drama was written by New Zealand playwright Jane Mclauchlan who is inspired by the works of Harold Pinter and the reality TV show ‘GoggleBox’.
It will be directed by Mike Friend whose relationship with ERT began with the inaugural production of ‘A Christmas Carol’ and includes ‘Oliver Twist’ and ‘Sparrow’.
He is currently the artistic director of The Lyttelton Arts Factory in New Zealand. He said;
“It’s great to be back at ERT to work on a new play. I’m sure audiences will see themselves and connect the play with their own lives.”
Tickets are £18.50 (£17.50 Conc. & £14 under 23s) on sale now and available from:
- National Customer Service Week At East Riding Leisure
- Boxing Club In Beverley Host Third Major Event In East Yorkshire
- Brigg Town Capitalise On Poor Start By Beverley To Inflict First Away Defeat
- East Yorkshire Groups Encouraged To Apply For Funding
- Life Drawing Course In Beverley East Yorkshire Still Has Limited Places