Beverley RUFC coach Anthony Posa said he was ‘gutted’ that their clash with local rival Hull Ionians in the Yorkshire Cup will not take place.
The Beavers were due to play the side from the National 1 League though due to a number of injuries Beverley have been forced to forfeit the match scheduled to take place this Saturday at Brantingham Park.
Posa told HU17.net;
“We have a ridiculous amount of injuries and players who are not available at the moment so we had no choice.”
“Believe me, we wanted to play We offered to reschedule but Ionians didn’t have another spare weekend.”
“We are all gutted that the game will not take place, Junior Tupai and James Mckay like me were really looking forward to having a crack at them.”
A frustrated Tupai commented;
“We picked up three injuries from the Westoe game last week that has added to our already long list of players being out and it is just unfortunate that we’re unable to fulfil the fixture!”
Beverley will have to wait until the 1st March until they take to the field again when they welcome Sale to Beaver Park.
- East Yorkshire To Bring Chatty Bus To Beverley This Month
- Beverley Residents Urged To Join Scheme To Help Clean Up East Yorkshire
- Walkington Heads Road Will Be Improved Using A Carbon-Reducing Scheme
- Bishop Burton College Celebrates Spring Live With A Family Fun Day
- Encouragement Being Offered To East Yorkshire Smokers To Quit
This article has 1 Comment
Don’t they have like three teams?