Hat-Trick Hero Darren Spruce Keeps Rangers in Touch With Tanners

Molescroft Rangers moved up to second in the table beating Wawne Ferry Reserves 3 – 2at the .

Darren Spruce was once again the star of show as he continued his record of a goal in every game finishing this match with hat-trick. Rangers are now just 1 point behind league East Riding County League Division 2 leaders Hodgsons FC Reserves who beat Howden Reserves 7 – 3.

.net Picture Gallery: Click on the thumbnail picture below to enlarge the image to full size

HU17.net Picture Gallery: Click on the thumbnail picture below to enlarge the image to full size

More From HU17.net

This article has 1 Comment

  1. Moley leapfrogged Wawne Ferry with a quality performance which left Wawne clutching at straws as they were completely out worked throughout the whole game.

    The game billed by many as Molescrofts biggest in its history didn’t fail to disappoint and the whole starting eleven worked their socks off throughout the first half to stifle Wawne’s quality restricting them to neat passing in the middle of the park but nothing to trouble keeper Bryce who was back in the sticks after more than two months away on a failed weight loss program.

    Moley could have been forgiven for feeling vulnerable at the back with stalwart centre back Phillips missing but some shrewd early morning texting by manager Healey saw old favourite Mounsor take up the mantle in the centre of defence and perform admirably throughout.

    Moley had the better of the first half and should have taken the lead when Pikey Spruce, sporting a new hair cut after the promise of a HU17 photo shoot, fired straight at Wawne’s keeper. On thirty five minutes the game swung in Moley’s favour; a moment of madness by the Ferry right back saw him aim a head butt at Moley’s Pardoe, the visiting player should have known better, not just because it was in front of the referee but because everyone knows Billy’s head is made of lead. The indiscretion earned him a red card and from that point Moley completely controlled the game limiting Ferry to possession in the middle of the park with little goal threat.

    Wawne Ferry made it to half time level but within one minute of the restart Moley took the lead with who else but Spruce scoring from close range after good build up to continue his amazing run of a goal on every game this season. That sparked a period of total Molescroft pressure with them missing several chances before Pikey Spruce scored his second off a long Dixon throw with twenty five minutes to go seemingly putting the game to bed.

    Moley nearly made it three moments after when Bolger who had worn his heart on his sleeve all game turned to volley home a throw in on the edge of the box only to see if bounce off the crossbar to safety much to the disappointment of the home support, many of them knowing had it gone in it would have been a contender for goal of the season. Soon after Moley thought they’d put the game to bed, a long ball by Pardoe saw Pikey Spruce race clear, outpace the defence, round the keeper and slot home to complete his hat trick for his 24th of the season.

    To Wawne Ferry’s credit they never gave up and two long range efforts brought them right back into the game but Moley saw the final few minutes out to move into second with the mouth-watering prospect of an all day drinking session at Doncaster races next Saturday to look forward to while Wawne Ferry revisit Beverley Leisure to play top of the table Hodgsons Reserves.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *