Some of the areas biggest nightspots in the East Riding will be given polycarbonate bottles and glasses in time for the World Cup.
This weekend England will play their first match in the World Cup and officers in the East Riding will be issuing these glasses as a preventative measure.
Licensing Officer Chris Chapman from Humberside Police said:
“We have been working alongside the licensees for sometime now looking at ways to help reduce this issue of people getting injured by glasses and glass bottles.”
“We fully support the decision to use only plastic bottles and plastic glasses in their premises, and hope that this helps encourage other pubs in the area to follow suit.”
“Local police want to help put a stop to the recent assaults involving glass bottles and glasses and help make East Riding town centres a safer place to visit on a night out. This is even more important as we approach the World Cup and the town centre generally gets busier”
- First Puffins Unveiled As Part Of East Yorkshire Animal Sculpture Trail
- National Quality Standard For Careers Provision Awarded To Bishop Burton College
- Last Chance To Explore Beverley’s Importance To The European Art World
- MP Wants Governance Of Fire and Rescue Service Handed To Tory Crime Commissioner
- Man Captured On CCTV Wanted By Police Following Theft