NHS East Riding of Yorkshire invites you to come along and find out more about our plans to develop a new community hospital for the East Riding on Swinemoor Lane, Beverley. The hospital will offer modern facilities for local people in a welcoming, open, landscaped setting that is sympathetic to the local rural environment of the nearby Swine Moor.
The new hospital will be a flagship development for the East Riding of Yorkshire with an emphasis on quality and innovation throughout the building programme. The proposed building design will incorporate features that make it sustainable and eco-friendly. It will also make the most of natural light and be designed in a way that provides a therapeutic environment for all visitors to the hospital.
The range of services at the new hospital include:
• Outpatients including cardiac rehabilitation service
• X ray and ultrasound department
• Minor injuries and out of hours service
• 30 bedded ward
• Neighbourhood health team base
• Therapies including physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy and nutrition and dietetics
• Mental health team base
• Hull and York Medical School (HYMS)
• Social services
Karen Knapton, Chairman of NHS East Riding of Yorkshire, said:
“This is a very important development, not just for Beverley but for the whole East Riding of Yorkshire and we pledged from the start to keep people informed and involved. We have been working with our lead development partner Interserve on the design of the clinical services and the look and feel of the building leading up to submitting a formal planning application later this year.
“These drop-ins are an opportunity to meet the team behind the new hospital. We want to share our ideas and hear what people have to say, and I hope as many people as possible can attend.”
It is anticipated that the planning application for the new development will be submitted in the summer. There will be a further opportunity for people to have a say on the new building as part of the formal planning process.
The drop in events are to be held during June at the following locations:
Tesco Superstore, Morton Lane, Beverley, HU17 9DB
Saturday 13th June 2009
10am – 2pm
Beverley Youth Centre, Burden Road, Beverley, HU17 9LW
Friday 19th June 2009
3 – 7pm
If you can’t join us but would like information please visit www.eastridingofyorkshire.nhs.uk/newhospital or visit our display at Beverley Health Centre, Manor Road. You can send your comments to the Project Team at NHS East Riding of Yorkshire, via email email@example.com or by telephone on 01482 672030 or at the following address:
Community Services Strategy Programme Team
Grange Park Lane
Please respond to us by Friday 26th June.
- Enjoy Tea and Cake At Beverley Building Society’s Jubilee Tea Party
- Top Ways To Educate Entrepreneurs On How To Start A Business In Today’s Age
- Hundreds Attend Molescroft Beverley Petanque Club Open Day
- Walk And Drink Wine For A Good Cause In Support Of Local Hospice
- Residents Efforts Acknowledged With Molescroft Millennium Award