Arising originally from an idea at the Artwaves Festival in Bridlington last year.
Withernsea has benefited from a lighthouse, located near Pier Towers on the central promenade. Ernie the fish, who was the original seafront recycling bin, is outside the southside coastal services office in Bridlington.
The new facilities can be used for plastic, aluminium, and paper waste items, and the council’s Streetscene staff will empty them regularly, and take the items for recycling.
Kirsty Salisbury, general manager (coastal), said:
“We in coastal services wanted to roll out these new facilities because we are passionate about looking after the marine environment. They are a great addition to these three locations.”
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play