Local bus company East Yorkshire has revealed a huge increase in travellers across the region this Boxing Day.
Overall, 65% more passengers used the company’s bus services on Boxing Day than on the same day in 2018, with more places than ever being connected by buses.
There were also buses running between Bridlington, Filey and Scarborough, all in addition to the usual Boxing Day services which cover Hull City Centre, Cottingham, Hessle, as well as buses linking Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital.
Offering extra buses allowed more people than ever to see family and friends across the region during the festive period, a journey in to see loved ones in the hospital, and visit towns and cities for the start of the sales.
East Yorkshire’s Area Director, Ben Gilligan, said the company’s increased Boxing Day services reflected how people now spent the day.
“More and more, we see that people across the region are using Boxing Day as an opportunity to get out and about with their friends and family, rather than staying at home. We chose to add lots of new services this year, and we’re delighted that they’ve been so popular.”
On Boxing Day East Yorkshire utilised its brand-new buses, with nearly all of the 21 vehicles used meeting ultra-low emission Euro VI standards, improving air quality while offering high-specification, extra comfy buses with features such as WiFi and USB power.
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play