Bus company East Yorkshire have announced their Christmas bus schedules, including a dramatically increased service on Boxing Day.
More areas of Hull and East Yorkshire will be getting buses on Boxing Day, with new services for this year including buses between Hull, Beverley and York, between Hull, Beverley, Driffield and Bridlington, between Hull, Hedon and Withernsea, and between Bridlington, Filey and Scarborough. There will also be services within the city of Hull and its suburbs such as Cottingham and Hessle.
The full festive bus schedules are as follows:
· Monday 23 December – normal service.
· Christmas Eve – normal service, but with buses finishing around 8pm.
· Christmas Day – no buses.
· Boxing Day – special bus services.
· Friday 27 December – Saturday services on most routes.
· Saturday 28 December – normal Saturday services.
· Sunday 29 December – normal Sunday services.
· Monday 30 December – Saturday services on most routes.
· New Year’s Eve – Saturday services on most routes, but with buses finishing around 8pm.
· New Year’s Day – no buses.
· Thursday 2 January – back to normal.
East Yorkshire’s Area Director, Ben Gilligan, says that the improved Boxing Day services reflect the way people now travel over Christmas.
“Boxing Day is increasingly becoming a day when people hit the sales, visit friends, work or go out as a family,” he said. “We’ve seen our Boxing Day buses becoming more and more popular, so this year we’ve added many more services to give people a better choice about where and how they travel.”
East Yorkshire is also bringing Christmas cheer to passengers with a special Christmas ticket offer. Over the festive period (19-31 December) all weekly tickets will have three extra days added, so customers will get 10 days for the price of seven.
“This Christmas offer is our way of thanking our passengers for travelling with us over the year,” Ben Gilligan said. “We hope this little gift will show how much we appreciate people choosing to use the bus, and we look forward to travelling together throughout 2020.”
Full details of the company’s festive services, including the Boxing Day buses timetables, can be found at www.eastyorkshirebuses.co.uk, on the East Yorkshire Buses app, or by picking up a Festive Buses booklet from the Travel Centre in Hull Interchange from the start of December.
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play