Jagger will not just be disappointed with the defeat but also conceding three goals in the game. His side has shown great character this season and been especially strong at the back.
Speaking after the match Jagger said;
“I am disappointed. We did not play at our best. Ultimately we were beaten by the better team on the day. We got the early goal to get our noses in front and defended well in the first half.”
“South Cave had a lot of chances from set-pieces but we managed to cope with them.”
“But in the second half, they came at us and got two quick goals which put us on the back foot. We had to chase the game and they pinched the third.”
“Take nothing away from South Cave, they thoroughly deserved the win, they were the better team on the day.”
Town Stay Third In Humber Premier League
The win sees South Cave United move up to fourth place level on points with Beverley in the table.
However, both sides remain seven points behind the current leaders Chalk Lane who won at the weekend.
Jagger and his side are without a game next weekend. They will next take to the field with another away day at Hessle Rangers.
He will certainly be looking for a reaction from his side when they do return to action.
Town’s next opponents, Hedon Rangers, however, slumped to their second defeat. They were beaten 2-1 by North Ferriby Reserves.
- Sun Inn Licensee Thrilled To Hear The Sound Of Customers Again
- Let’s Start Putting Life and Vitality Back Into Community Says MP
- Council Approval Clears The Way For More Than 400 Homes As Part Of Beverley Masterplan
- Beverley Town Cricket and Recreation Club Awarded Cash From Council
- Beverley Art Gallery To Reopen On Monday With Two Exhibitions