Beverley and Holderness MP Graham Stuart has written to the Chief Executive of the Post Office and asked for the consultation on the proposed move of Beverley Post Office into a franchise in the branch of WHSmith on Toll Gavel to be widened to include the fundamental issue of closing the Crown Post Office at Register Square.
Graham Stuart MP commented:
“I was quite frankly astounded when I found out that the consultation is not going to consult on what Beverley people think of the main proposal – the closure of the Crown Post Office on Register Square.
“This is why I have written to the Chief Executive of Post Office Ltd, Paula Vennells, and asked her to widen the scope of the Beverley Crown Post Office consultation so that it seeks views on their plan to close the town’s Crown Post Office.
“Since the proposals were announced more than 600 of my constituents have signed the petition against the closure of Beverley Post Office. I am currently arranging to meet with the Chief Executive of the Post Office to hand over the local cross-party collected signatures and to put pressure on her to reverse the decision.”
- Beverley Leisure Centre Awarded Funding To Build 3G Pitch
- Graham Stuart Heralds Vital Funding For Hull NHS Trust
- Beverley Bookshop Owner Benefits From Love Your High Street Fund
- East Riding Leisure Are Looking For Customer Opinions
- Daisy Appeal Urges Supporters To Take To The Roads For Virtual Events