Beverley ARLC will face an away trip to York Acorn in the first round of the Challenge Cup.
Held at Emerald Headingley, officials from joined their counterparts for the draw of the sports prestigious competition.
The draw for the first round of the Challenge Cup featured 52 sides from the sport’s amateur and community clubs.
The sides also went head to head in the in the 40/20 cup final in 2016, a match that York Acorn won 20-8.
Taylor has already recalled his squad for pre-season training. He says that their Challenge Cup tie with Acorn is likely to be their first match of the new season.
The sides are due to meet in January with the coach adding that he is looking to set up additional friendly games the following month.
He has also said that ahead of the start of their league campaign in March, he is keen that his squad do not have strenuous build up. He wants his squad are fresh and ready to go when they get their National League Divison Two season underway.
Challenge Cup Draw Throws Up Some Interesting Fixtures
As ever the draw for the Challenge Cup threw up some interesting ties to look out for. Red Star Belgrade travel to Cumbrian side Millom. While The Irish Longhorns were drawn against Lock Lane.
Welsh side Torfaen Tigers will head to Cumbria as they take on Distington. While Scottish champions Edinburgh Eagles were drawn against West Yorkshire side Normanton Knights.
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play