A new display by the Skidby Mill volunteer team has just opened. ‘Historic hospitals: care in the East Riding before the Health Service’ examines the beginnings of organised public health provision in the region in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
“The display is not simply an account of when hospitals were opened or closed and what the buildings were like. Our volunteers have also been researching such topics as patients’ diets, ghosts and also some of the early forms of medical treatment, which would be considered bizarre today.”
The display will run until 11 December.
- Dreamscape Live Music And Art Premiere By Loudhailer Electric Company And G E Saunt
- New Systems In Place At Local Libraries Which Re-Open Monday
- Mayor Opens Play Area At Retail Park Which Has Been Doubled In Size
- MP Welcomes Extra Cash For East Riding Council To Support Local Services
- Work Completed On New Roundabout On Beverley’s Minster Way