Outstanding Beverley Beat Champions York At Beaver Park

Outstanding Beverley Beat Champions York At Beaver Park
Outstanding Beat Champions York At

On a glorious sunny day with the pitch at looking in excellent condition, a good crowd were anticipating some good running rugby in the game between Champions York and a side seeking revenge for the single point defeat that they suffered at York on the opening day of the season last September. They were no to be disappointed!

York kicked off deep into the 22 and remained there until, after 2 minutes they were awarded a penalty. From the resulting line out, a sharp move resulted in a try under the posts which was converted to give York an early lead (0-7)

Things began to look ominous for when, after six minutes, another York penalty took the score to (0-10) and York were showing signs of why they were champions.

However, dusted themselves down and, at last managed to get hold of the ball and show that they had no intention of playing second fiddle to York. In fact the forwards were proving more than a match for York’s much vaunted pack and began to impose themselves. After 15 minutes left winger went over for a try which converted to make it 7 points to 10.

After a further ten minutes of almost total dominance by ’ forwards, quickly recycled ball went through several pairs of hands along the back line to on the right wing who touched down (12-10). duly converted to make it (14-10).

Three minutes later, veteran , making a cameo appearance at centre for Beverley, slipped a beautiful pass to full back , who raced away and through practically the whole York team and scored in the corner (19-0).

Things were looking a whole lot different for Beverley by now and , after 35 minutes secured the bonus point with a try which again converted (26-10). Five minutes later went over for another and added the extras (33-10).

This completed the scoring for the first half during which, apart from the first ten minutes, Beverley had been totally dominant.

Five minutes into the second half scored his second try, again converted by (40-10). York hit back with a converted try to make it (40-17) but ,back came Beverley and, again showing his class, fed who touched down (45-17). Phil Duboulay converted (47-17) and it was beginning to look like a rout!

Things looked even worse for York when,after 62 minutes, Beverley prop Matt Brown scored a fine try from a quickly taken tap penalty (52-17).

York came back with a converted try (52-24) and a final consolation try on 75 minutes (52-31). This comeback at least secured them a bonus point and restored some pride.

This was an outstanding performance from Beverley. All 15 players were at their best but was voted man of the match by the match sponsors Hengate Pharmacy.

Final Score : Beverley RUFC 52 York 31 | Reported by

More From HU17.net

Click Here
Libraries Offer Good News For Residents Concerned About The Mental Health Of A Child In Their Care


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *