The blue and golds will entertain Oldham St Annes this Saturday aiming to make it three wins in a row.
Although pleased with last weekend’s 40-24 victory at Woolston Rovers, head coach Scott Taylor felt his side took their foot off the accelerator pedal in the second half having led 28-0 at the break.
That said the first half performance demonstrated just what his side are capable of when everything falls into place. It seems likely that Taylor will keep faith with last weeks players with the returning Chris Johnson and Bobby Howdle possibly coming into contention for a place in the 17.
Alex Starling, Lewis Poskitt and youngster Bradley Kirkby will be looking to continue their good early season form.
The match sponsored by O’Briens fruit and veg kicks off at 2.30pm at the Beverley Leisure Centre.
Admission is by purchasing a programme for £2 with some special offers enclosed. Club officials are hoping or another bumper crowd as they continue to build on their match-day experience.
The Academy side are also in action away to East Hull (kick-off 2.30pm) in a re-arranged friendly. The 40/20 cup has been shelved for 2018 by YML bosses due to insufficient time to play all the postponed fixtures.
Coach Phil Horsfield will be glad to see his charges get some game time and the opportunity to fight for a first team place.
He commented; ”Scott is a great believer in the process of proving yourself in the academy side first and that chance is finally here after 3 weeks of postponements.”
- East Riding Of Yorkshire Prepares For Potential Flooding
- Community Champion Pleased To Be Working With Local Groups
- Barratt Developments Yorkshire East Rounds Off Charitable Year With £35k Donation To SASH
- Assistant Chief Constable Warns Of Enforcement Against Those Who Breach Government Regulations
- MP Discusses How Covid-19 Has Impacted The Owners Of Mega Fun Beverley