During 2017 – 19, former Opera North cellist Miriam Roycroft, and Lance Coburn, are performing the entire repertoire for cello and piano by Bohuslav Martinů at selected venues throughout Ireland.
The ‘Nocturnes’ and ‘Rossini Variations’ are typical examples displaying Martinů’s distinctive Czech expressionism with jazz-influenced rhythms and colours much in evidence.
Together with Prokofiev’s beautifully lyrical sonata, premiered by and dedicated to Msitislav Rostropvich, they will also perform two pieces originally composed for voice; the beautiful ‘Suite Popular’ by Manuel de Falla and Beethoven’s ‘Bei Männern’ variations from the The Magic Flute.
Tickets cost : Adults £15, Concessions £13 all children under 14 FREE with full paying adult, additional children £5 and are available from Beverley Library or call 01482 395320.
- East Yorkshire Play Areas To Reopen With Restriction From Saturday
- Communities To Join Country For The Biggest Thank You Yet
- Local Bus Services Return To Normal Timetables In East Yorkshire
- Hospitality Sector Reopening Sparks Concerns From Local Official
- Beverley & East Riding Lawn Tennis Club Benefit From Commuted Sums Funding