During 2017 – 19, former Opera North cellist Miriam Roycroft, and Lance Coburn, are performing the entire repertoire for cello and piano by Bohuslav Martinů at selected venues throughout Ireland.
The ‘Nocturnes’ and ‘Rossini Variations’ are typical examples displaying Martinů’s distinctive Czech expressionism with jazz-influenced rhythms and colours much in evidence.
Together with Prokofiev’s beautifully lyrical sonata, premiered by and dedicated to Msitislav Rostropvich, they will also perform two pieces originally composed for voice; the beautiful ‘Suite Popular’ by Manuel de Falla and Beethoven’s ‘Bei Männern’ variations from the The Magic Flute.
Tickets cost : Adults £15, Concessions £13 all children under 14 FREE with full paying adult, additional children £5 and are available from Beverley Library or call 01482 395320.
- ERYC To Provide Half-Term Financial Assistance For Families
- Beverley Town Council Offer Financial Support To Feed Local Children
- Graham Stuart MP Writes To Local Schools For ‘Restart A Heart’ Day
- Beverlac Comes To The Treasure House In Beverley
- One Thousand Words Competition Captures The Magic Of The Viola Trawler