Out of town retail park Flemingate have been given a much needed boost ahead of Christmas after the council approved an application for a taxi rank on the site.
Located just under a mile away from the Town Centre party goers will now be able to grab a taxi to get home or back into the town centre.
In statement release the East Riding of Yorkshire Council said;
“For the next month, a rank for five cars will be operating from the loading bay area near to Riva at Flemingate Shopping Centre.”
“The rank will be operational until Tuesday, 2 January and East Riding licensed Hackney carriages will be available from 6pm to 6am Monday to Saturday and from 12noon on Sundays, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.”
Shoppers who wish to visit the out of town retail park are currently catered for by a free shuttle bus service that circumnavigates the town on a Saturday.
“This is a great addition to the Flemingate site as there is currently no provision for a taxi rank.”
Flemingate which has now been open two years has a host of major high street names and quality food outlets including Poundland, Greggs and Subway while also is the home of the highly successful Parkway Cinema.
- Hospitality Sector Reopening Sparks Concerns From Local Official
- Beverley & East Riding Lawn Tennis Club Benefit From Commuted Sums Funding
- Council Calls For Public Support To Keep East Riding Safe
- Major Repair Project At Skidby Mill Scheduled To Start
- Hull And East Yorkshire Patients Can Now Access GP Services Online