A rare and wonderful opportunity for a group of 60 pupils to display a collaborative piece of art work in a public space at the East Riding Theatre.
Their goal, to Create a piece of artwork that is both innovative and inventive. The art needs to draw attention and to create a focal point for our customer.
Using small frames as a tool to focus in on the lines and architecture that were in front of them and tracing on plastic sheeting the townscape of Beverley.
There preliminary studies were then taken back to school and used as inspiration to find the right shapes, colours and compositions to design and construct there own individual brick.
One of the pupil’s who took part in the project said;
“I don’t normally like art work but this project has been ace.”
All of the work created was then brought together to complete a sculpture to go on display on the ‘Lord Roberts Wall’ in the café of the ERT Theatre Beverley, after three months their art work will keep on living by returning to Beverley Minster Primary School.
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play