The collapse of the Wakefield City Academies Trust which has left Goole High School in turmoil has led to campaigners calling for the return of failed schools to local authority control.
When Goole High School became an Academy in 2011 it was rated as Excellent. After 6 years under the control of the Academy Trust it’s now mired in failure.
Commenting on the collapse, East Riding Labour’s George McManus said;
“This highlights the fundamental failure of a schools programme founded on Tory dogma rather than the needs of the local community.”
“The school should now be taken over by East Riding of Yorkshire council otherwise it will continue to drift. Too many of our children, parents and teachers have been let down for too long. It’s time to stop the rot.”
- Raising Awareness Of Infant Crying And How To Cope
- East Riding Of Yorkshire Council To Feature On Defenders UK On BBC One
- 5* Reviews For Genuine Gents As Beverley Barbers Celebrates 1st Year
- Beverley Secure Convincing Win Over Bradford Salem
- Quickline And Northleaf Announce Appointment Of Industry Veterans