MP Graham Stuart has released statement following the comments made by Tory Councillor Dominic Peacock on Facebook.
“I was appalled by Councillor Peacock’s grossly offensive and insensitive post and it is right that he has now apologised unreservedly and removed the post.”
“Jo Cox is a huge loss to British politics, was a warm and caring person and leaves behind a devastated family. Councillor Peacock should be utterly ashamed.”
“I fully support his suspension from the East Riding of Yorkshire Council Conservative Group.”
Leader of East Riding of Yorkshire Council said;
“All people in public life, irrespective of politics should be united in condemning the fatal and dreadful attack on Jo Cox.”
“This is not the time for inappropriate remarks, however intended, and I will not tolerate them in my Group, and residents should expect their elected representatives to act in an appropriate and compassionate way.”
“I will also be asking the Group to make a contribution to the Memorial Fund set up in the name of Jo Cox.”
- UVC-Powered Shoe Sanitizer: Is It Really Effective?
- Vet Nurse & Hydrotherapist Named As Finalist In The Animal Start Awards
- MP Looking To Get Lifesaving CADEY Campaign To New Highs In 2021
- Allenby Commercial Welcomes Howdens As The Trade Yard Attracts National Brands
- Beverly-Based Horse Whisperer And Reiki Master Releases Her Memoirs In New Book