Before the election took place members of the local community and the two Mayors charities were present with awards.
The Cherry Tree Stroke Club were donated £2,820 while Beverley Community Lift were given a donation of £1,880 which was raised throughout the past twelve months.
Evangelina Rawling from 1st Beverley (Minster) Guide Unit was awarded the Young Persons for her ongoing efforts in supporting the local Scouting movement.
Cllr Begnett did not have to wait long to make his first key decision as Mayor of Beverley.
Following a vote for who will be deputy Mayor, a role that tends to lead onto the role as Mayor Cllr Begnett opted for Cllr Ann Willis over Cllr Phil Dodsworth to be his deputy during his time in office.
- Try New Skills For The New Year With 2020 Adult Learning Courses
- Disappointing Performance From Beavers Sees Them Beaten By Goole
- Lifesaving Gift Is On The Christmas List Of 36 People In East Yorkshire
- East Riding Youth Offending Service In The Running For National Award
- SMALL BUSINESS SATURDAY: A Day To Back Our Independent Traders