Before the election took place members of the local community and the two Mayors charities were present with awards.
The Cherry Tree Stroke Club were donated £2,820 while Beverley Community Lift were given a donation of £1,880 which was raised throughout the past twelve months.
Evangelina Rawling from 1st Beverley (Minster) Guide Unit was awarded the Young Persons for her ongoing efforts in supporting the local Scouting movement.
Cllr Begnett did not have to wait long to make his first key decision as Mayor of Beverley.
Following a vote for who will be deputy Mayor, a role that tends to lead onto the role as Mayor Cllr Begnett opted for Cllr Ann Willis over Cllr Phil Dodsworth to be his deputy during his time in office.
- Wednesday Market Transformed Into A European Style Pavement Dining Experience
- Parkway Cinema Back Open With Summer Offers And New Website
- Drunk Animal Creative Studios Searching For Three Apprentices
- Leisure Centres In East Riding To Reopen In Coming Weeks
- Sun Inn Licensee Thrilled To Hear The Sound Of Customers Again