For the first time the community dance programme invites Primary School children in Years 5 and 6, as well as from11 to 18 years, to join.
A range of dance styles, from contemporary to urban dance, will be offered from week commencing 5 October 2015, aiming to provide young people with little or no previous dance experience with a fun, energetic and inspiring opportunity to develop both their dance technique and creative dance skills.
The sessions will focus on building strength and fitness along with the creation of an original piece of dance which will be performed at the biggest Youth Dance Platform in the area on Sunday 7 February 2016 at The Spa, Bridlington, alongside other invited guest companies.
Community arts officer June Mitchell said: “If you are looking for an enjoyable way to increase fitness and muscle tone; improve co-ordination, balance and posture and are excited by the opportunity to learn creatively with specialist dance artists then look no further.”
The youth dance groups are taking place for 12 weeks in five areas of the East Riding:
- Memorial Hall, Beverley Tuesdays
- The Spa, Bridlington Tuesdays
- Trinity Church, Goole Saturdays
- Woldgate College, Pocklington Fridays
- Withernsea Primary School, Withernsea Tuesdays
For more information, to book a place, or receive an application pack for County Company please call 01482 395320 or visit the web site on www.eryd.co.uk.
- Wednesday Market Transformed Into A European Style Pavement Dining Experience
- Parkway Cinema Back Open With Summer Offers And New Website
- Drunk Animal Creative Studios Searching For Three Apprentices
- Leisure Centres In East Riding To Reopen In Coming Weeks
- Sun Inn Licensee Thrilled To Hear The Sound Of Customers Again