Beverley Ladies Circle have raised hundreds pounds by staging a number of fundraisers which they will donate to Macmillan.
Over past few months Beverley ladies Circle of held coffee mornings at the various places of work of the members and also number prize draws to raise £500 for the charity.
Julie Sinclair, who was the chair of the Beverley Ladies Circle during the fundraising said;
“Every fundraiser we held last year we held at a Beverley business making sure that we contributed back into local economy.”
“We would like thank all the local businesses who we approached that were kind enough to donate prizes for the raffle’s we held.”
Becky Baynes, Macmillan Cancer Support fundraising manager for Hull and East Yorkshire, said:
“Thank you to the Beverley Ladies Circle for supporting Macmillan. As a charity, we rely on donations to fund our vital services, which are there to help make sure no one faces cancer alone.”
Since founded in 1911 Macmillan Cancer support has become U.K.’s biggest charity that provides cancer care and support.
Last year the charity spent over £157 million on providing care and support to sufferers of cancer.
- Appointment Of New Project Director To Lead Major Heritage Project
- Global Award For Innovative Humber Climate Change Media Series
- Dragons Award £7000 To Cherry Tree Community Centre
- Fly-Tippers Fined £800 For Offences Near Beverley And Market Weighton
- Supporting The Young And Old In Yorkshire Through Winter