Beverley Town Cricket Club had an afternoon they will be looking to forget after they were well beaten by North Ferriby.
Beverley were asked to bat first on a strip with uneven bounce where home advantage and local knowledge were to prove key.
The Beverley batsmen battled hard but were unable to score fluently and even with the experience of Richard Thompson, Neil Goforth, Ian Goforth and Barry Sayer in the side making rare appearances they could only muster 55 during a torrid 32 overs. Only Thompson, N Goforth and Charlie Fish making it to double figures.
Ferriby passed Beverley’s total in the 7th over with Kenny Donaldson doing most of the damage for the home side and they secured a 10 wicket victory.
Next weekend Beverley’s fourths are at home as they welcome the bottom club, Hull, to the Norwood Recreation Ground where they will be hoping to bounce back.
North Ferriby beat Beverley Town IV by 10 wickets
Kenny Donaldson 44*
- UVC-Powered Shoe Sanitizer: Is It Really Effective?
- Vet Nurse & Hydrotherapist Named As Finalist In The Animal Start Awards
- MP Looking To Get Lifesaving CADEY Campaign To New Highs In 2021
- Allenby Commercial Welcomes Howdens As The Trade Yard Attracts National Brands
- Beverly-Based Horse Whisperer And Reiki Master Releases Her Memoirs In New Book