A barge belonging to the Beverley Barge Preservation Society has been transformed following the donation of some surplus bus seats to the Society by Hull-based bus operator East Yorkshire Motor Services.
The Society provides trips for local people including children who can observe the riverside wildlife through the windows whilst steaming up the River Hull which runs north from the Humber Estuary through Beverley.
The boat is called The Sun and was an old Mud Carrier which has been restored by the Society in a three-year project during which they approached EYMS to see if the Company could spare any seats to equip the interior of the vessel.
EYMS gladly obliged and our photos show the barge on the River Hull and some of the seats installed in the barge. Chairman Peter Shipp said;
“We sometimes get a few surplus older seats when we refurbish buses and it is nice to see them put to good use especially with a local organisation.”
“It’s just a shame they are seats bought before we started using our unique ‘shippshapes’ moquette which would have been very appropriate in this setting!”
- Assistant Chief Constable Warns Of Enforcement Against Those Who Breach Government Regulations
- MP Discusses How Covid-19 Has Impacted The Owners Of Mega Fun Beverley
- Skidby Mill Volunteers Need Material To Commemorate Anniversary
- 6 Telltale Signs You Need a Plumber
- Council Unanimously Support Motion To Tackle Litter