Two men are to be sentenced for their roles in a robbery committed at a jewellery store in Beverley in August last year.
Jack O’Neil (19) has today pleaded guilty at Hull Crown Court to conspiracy to commit robbery. Previously Kevin Smith (22) also pleaded guilty to the same charge.
Senior Investigating Officer Mathew Hutchinson said: “This was a complex investigation involving three police forces.
“The offence itself took place at a busy time of day in view of numerous people who were out and about performing their normal everyday activities and to witness the scenes at the jewellery store that day will have been quite alarming.
“Similarly, the staff at the shop were faced with a very frightening situation and it is hard to imagine the terror they experienced throughout the ordeal.
“The suspects were identified and located as a result of a great team effort by officers from Humberside, South Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire Police forces who worked together to ensure the capture of these individuals.
“The streets are undoubtedly safer now these men are in custody.”
- Vet Nurse & Hydrotherapist Named As Finalist In The Animal Start Awards
- MP Looking To Get Lifesaving CADEY Campaign To New Highs In 2021
- Allenby Commercial Welcomes Howdens As The Trade Yard Attracts National Brands
- Beverly-Based Horse Whisperer And Reiki Master Releases Her Memoirs In New Book
- New Constituency Data Show Beverley & Holderness Ahead Of The National Vaccine Curve