Tesco’s Beverley store, together with all other Tesco stores, offices and distribution centres in the UK, attempted to ‘Cycle to Lapland’ last weekend in a bid to raise £1m for Cancer Research UK, Tesco’s charity of the year.
Staff from the Morton Lane store started pedalling on the static bikes on Friday 7th December and continued until Sunday 9th December.
The bikes were kindly provided by SGB Fitness and an incredible £1596 was raised in customer donations.
Dave Ryley, Tesco Beverley’s Community Champion, said:
“We would like to thank all of our customers who supported us throughout the weekend. Thanks to your fantastic generosity, we raised far more money than we even hoped for. Both Tesco and Cancer Research really appreciate your support. Once again, thank you!”
- Appointment Of New Project Director To Lead Major Heritage Project
- Global Award For Innovative Humber Climate Change Media Series
- Dragons Award £7000 To Cherry Tree Community Centre
- Fly-Tippers Fined £800 For Offences Near Beverley And Market Weighton
- Supporting The Young And Old In Yorkshire Through Winter