Hot on the heels after being crowned as the Yorkshire Team Champions, the East Yorkshire Judo Academy sent a selection of players to compete at Kendal in the Lake District.
Many of the team were rewarded with medals for their efforts, including in the Under 16s Boys competition, which saw Cherry Burton’s Ben Cook claim gold after dispatching a succession of opponents crashing to the mat with an exemplary technique.
The girl’s category also brought rewards with the trio of Hull based Carla Nolan and Megan Dinsdale along with Beverley’s Holly Bentham all fighting magnificently. Carla and Megan both showed great application and skill securing fine hold downs in several contests to clinch silver medals in their respective weights.
They were followed by Holly Bentham, who courageously fought on despite suffering a facial injury in her opening bout to produce a series of high power “ippon” throws to add a third silver to the collection.
- Wednesday Market Transformed Into A European Style Pavement Dining Experience
- Parkway Cinema Back Open With Summer Offers And New Website
- Drunk Animal Creative Studios Searching For Three Apprentices
- Leisure Centres In East Riding To Reopen In Coming Weeks
- Sun Inn Licensee Thrilled To Hear The Sound Of Customers Again