Walking around Beverley is a pleasant way to relax with its historic town and stunning countryside. Given the fact I have started a web site about Beverley, HU17.net today I decided to take the walk around Beverley Racecourse for the first time.
It did not take too long to walk around the edge of the track, although I had to concentrate a little to keep between the white rails. As I passed the grandstand and enclosures of Beverley Racecourse I was quite surprised at the size and grandeur of place. I’d only seen the grandstand from the road before, and hadn’t been very impressed with the building, but now I can see that I’d been looking at the very substantial rear of the structure. The view from the front is much more impressive.
At one point I had to go past a tractor that was watering the track, and got thoroughlysoaked. My mission from that point on was to continue walking in the warm breeze to dry off a little until I reached the nearby Rose and Crown, a large pub located on the corner of York Road at North Bar. A perfect afternoon out!
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play