The draw has been made for the 2020 BARLA National Open Cup with the Blue & Golds securing a bye.
This year the competition has attracted an entry of 25 sides. 18 teams will contest the first round on 18 January with 7 sides receiving a bye to the second round on 15 February.
Beverley are one the lucky 7 sides to get a bye to the second round. The tie may well be the Blue and Golds first hit-out given that Head Coach Tony Spence has indicated that he intends to use the National Cup very much as pre-season preparation.
The full draw is;
Stanningley v Wath Brow Hornets ‘A’, Kells v Upton, West Hull Academy v Cutsyke Raiders, Ellenborough Rangers v Almondbury Spartans, Maryport v West Bank Bears, Blackbrook v Aspatria Hornets, Thatto Heath ‘A’v Drighlington, Glasson Rangers v Illingworth, Siddal v Orrell St James.
Byes have been awarded to; Queensbury, Wigan St Cuthberts, Mirfield Stags, Beverley, Myton Warriors, Hanging Heaton, Sharlston Rovers.
All entries are from sides from the Lancashire/Lancashire/Cumbria heartlands with no entries from the South of England. However, with 6 entries from West Cumbria, Beverley could still potentially have some lengthy road-trips.
- Midweek Football Returns To East Yorkshire As Beverley Host Hallam
- East Yorkshire Has A New Archaeology Exhibition At The Beverley Treasure House
- Huddersfield Win In East Yorkshire As Beverley Beaten At Home
- National Customer Service Week At East Riding Leisure
- Boxing Club In Beverley Host Third Major Event In East Yorkshire