The blue and golds will play their final pre-season friendly against Skirlaugh this Saturday in the 2PM kick off at Beverley Leisure Centre.
Beverley had to hastily arrange the fixture due to West Bowling pulling out of an arranged friendly between the clubs at short notice.
It will be players final chance to impress and claim a place in the following weeks line up against Barrow Island.
Barrow Island will be Beverley’s first game in NCL Division 3 following their promotion and sure to be a momentous occasion for the club.
Saturday’s fixture with Skirlaugh is again against higher ranked opposition. Scott Taylor and Pat Howdle have certainly not been afraid to take the squad out of it’s comfort zone ahead of the new campaign.
Howdle, again in charge with Scott Taylor still in Austrailia will be looking for the likes of Bradley Kirkby, Charlie D’Arcy and Peter Starling to continue their impressive pre-season form.
At the same time he will be looking to give some game time to new signings Trevor Penrose and Ewen Bennet.
Josh Poskitt, Lewis Poskitt, Chris Johnson will all be unavailable with a combination of work and holiday commitments.
Also Jack Howdle will still be recovering from surgery and Billy Riby’s hand injury will be unlikely to have heeled sufficiently in time.
- Stunning Victory For Libdems In East Yorkshire By-Election
- Woman Wanted By Police Following Assault In Beverley
- Calculus A Welcome Addition To Beverley Races Card
- Lost Streams, Pumps and Privies Exhibition To Explore Beverley’s Relationship With Water
- Beverley Armed Forces Day : Event To Mark Anniversary Of Training Base