The Potting Shed in Beverley celebrated its first birthday at the weekend with a day of live music, pop-up bars, party food and some garden-themed surprises!
The bar and gardens on Flemingate marked its big day in spectacular style with fire performers, stilt walkers and a special version of its popular Shed Stock sessions featuring a line-up of artists and bands.
A rum shack was set up in the gardens, serving birthday cocktails throughout the day and evening, and craft ale specialists Meantime Brewery made a guest appearance with its award-winning beers.
General manager Matthew Bordewijk said the event was a great way to thank everyone who’s become a regular since the bar opened last year on the landmark site of the former Hodgsons pub.
“We had live music all day and the two outside pop-up bars were very popular as the weather was glorious.”
Matthew, who runs the Potting Shed in Beverley with his wife Anna, celebrated what’s been a very successful first 12 months.
He added: “Everyone has made us feel so welcome since we came here, we’ve become a part of the community and we like to get involved in as many things in the town as we can, so this is our way of thanking everyone and looking forward to making the next year even better.
- Beverley Library In East Yorkshire To Launch Brand New Service
- The Beverley Christmas Market Returns To East Yorkshire This Year
- Top 5 Young Talents In England’s Football
- Heating or Eating – A Choice Many Families In East Yorkshire Are Making
- Beverley Council Confirm East Yorkshire Market Town To Get Town Hall