East Riding of Yorkshire Council have dismissed claims made by Margaret Pinder that the library at Beverley High School faces closure.
Headteacher Sharon Japp also confirmed this saying that the library is not closing.
A spokesman for East Riding of Yorkshire Council said;
“Beverley High School, in common with a number of schools in the East Riding, is facing budgetary constraints and consequently going through a staffing reduction process.”
Ms Pinder, Labour’s Parliamentary Candidate for Beverley and Holderness also released a statement clarifying the position of the school library,saying;
“I am pleased to have confirmation from the school that the library facilities will still be available to the students, but would ask East Riding Council to confirm that the librarian remains in post.”
East Riding of Yorkshire Council when asked about the librarian said;
“Neither the council nor the school can comment on individual cases, as the outcome of these processes is not yet known.”
- The 5 Most Popular Degrees That Could Help You Boost Desirability To Employers
- World’s Largest Offshore Wind Farm Generates First Power
- Guildhall’s Memory Museum Returns To Beverley East Yorkshire
- Residents Urged To Be Prepared For Possible Flooding – Council On Standby
- Introducing New Evening And Weekend Bus Services In East Riding