Beverley Town Cricket Club 1st XI secured a valuable maximum 30 points when they beat Selby by 5 wickets at the Norwood Recreation Ground.
The visitors were given an excellent start against some occasionally wayward bowling from Town’s young attack but where the bowling was sometimes below par the ground fielding was not as Town made three run outs to help turn the game.
Jamie Roe and Guy Brumfield claimed two wickets each as Selby were bowled out for 215 in the 49th over.
Faisal Abid gave Town a start even better than Selby’s as 28 runs came off the first two overs and he went on to make a superb 57 largely in the company of Jon Fisher who matched Abid in the quality of his stroke-making while contributing an invaluable 55.
After a quiet spell where the visitors turned to slow bowling and crowded the bat Iain Gillyon (22*) and Matt Mudd (18*) upped the pace and saw their side to a win with 8 overs to spare at 216 for 5.
- Citizens Advice Hull And East Riding Thanks Its Volunteers For Their Vital Support
- Beverley & East Riding Golf Club Donate Thousands To NHS Trust
- Shape Up For Summer – Get Active And Improve Your Health And Wellbeing
- Students Showcase Their Work As End of Year Fashion Show Hits The Catwalk
- First Puffins Unveiled As Part Of East Yorkshire Animal Sculpture Trail