Beverley RUFC are drawn at home to local rivals Driffield in the 1st Round of the Yorkshire Cup and the match will take place next Thursday evening 26th August at Beaver Park, kick-off 7 p.m.
The winner of this tie will play the winner of the Hull RUFC v Morley first round tie in the second round at home. Obviously that would be a big attraction and the prospect adds extra spice to what is always a keenly fought encounter.
Pre-season training has gone very well for the Beavers and numbers attending have been better than for a number of years.
Coach James McKay said today;
“We are very encouraged by the enthusiasm shown in pre-season training and we have seen larger numbers attending. In addition to some of our youngsters developing we have recruited several new players and it looks as though we will have more squad cover this season than of late.”
One exciting new signing who will definitely make his debut on Thursday is 22 year old former Tongan U20 international centre Sam Atiola. Sam is studying at Bishop Burton College having moved over to the area from Leeds Metropolitan University.
The Beavers open their league campaign with a home game against Waterloo on 4th September Kick off 3 p.m.
- Different Types Of Teaching In The 21st Century
- 5 Changes You Can Make To Improve Your Quality Of Life
- Football Academy At Bishop Burton College Crowned National Champions
- East Riding Of Yorkshire Councillor Anne Handley Elected New Leader
- Local Manufacturers Welcome College’s £500k Investment In Machinery