Bus company East Yorkshire is celebrating Car Free Day on Tuesday 22 September by highlighting all the benefits of catching the bus.
World Car Free Day is a global event, encouraging the population to try giving up their cars for the day and exploring more sustainable ways to travel – whether that’s by public transport, by bike, or simply walking.
Leaving your car at home just a few days a month can make a real difference to your carbon footprint, so if you want to help our planet and our local community, we hope you’ll give it a go.
Some of the benefits of catching the bus include:
- Taking cars off the road means less congestion and a quicker journey for everyone.
- Using the bus helps the planet and reduces your carbon footprint.
- Leaving your car at home improve air quality in our towns and cities.
- No need to worry about finding a parking space.
- Increase your daily steps on your walk to the bus stop.
- Get active by using our brand new bike-friendly buses.
Buses are clean and safe and can help you reconnect with the faces and places you love.
For your safety and peace of mind, we’ve put in additional cleaning measures since the coronavirus crisis started, including disinfectant ‘fogging’ of buses and more cleaning of touchpoints such as handrails.
So don’t be trapped behind the wheel, try leaving your car at home for the day and see the benefits to your health, your community and your planet.
Find out more and plan your next journey at www.eastyorkshirebuses.co.uk or download the East Yorkshire Buses app free from the App Store or Google Play.
- East Riding College Celebrates Colleges Week By Launching New Institute Of Technology
- Research Shows Public Support For Re-Use Shops At Recycling Centres
- Beat The ‘Dead-Line’ And Haunt The Archives With A Chilling Tale
- Boss Goes Back To School To Help Beverley Students Plan Their Careers
- ERT To Release Lee Hall’s Heart-wrenching And Heart-Warming Play