Councillors who sit on Beverley Town Council are continuing to work even though their office is closed to the public.
In an effort to keep things working meetings are being held using an application called Zoom. They are also publishing their meeting times online so member so the public can watch meetings online.
In a statement released, a spokesperson for Beverley Town Council said;
“Councillors would like to make residents aware of the ERYC website www.emergency.eastriding.gov.uk. It is their community response hub run in conjunction with ERYC and HEY Smile.”
“The service has a dedicated telephone number of 01482 393919 it is operational 9am to 9pm Monday to Friday. It is also operational at between 9am to 6pm Saturdays and Sundays.”
“Emails enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .”
The UK is likely to remain in lockdown for a few more weeks. As the death toll continues to rise it is thought that further social isolation measures are the best way forward to tackle the pandemic.
The NHS is also calling for the public to stay at home. They want people to only leave the house for exercise while also visiting the shop for food as infrequently as possible.
- Booking Now Open For The Online East Riding Festival Of Words
- Thomas The Baker Officially Lays Claim To The Country’s Best Ever Mince Pies
- Beverley Minster To Host Yarn Bombing Event In October
- Bonus Acquisition Signals Next Phase Of Allenby Commercial Trade Yard Expansion
- Charity Launches Free Domestic Abuse Advice Line For Businesses