East Yorkshire is guaranteed a prominent presence at this year’s International Road Races, following the recent confirmation that Lee Johnston will lead the newly formed Ashcourt Racing teams challenge.
Alongside competing on S1000RR BMW’s at TT 2019, the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix, six times International road race winner Johnston will also pilot in the Supersport encounters at the International events Yamaha’s proven, hugely successful YZF-R6 steed.
Established over the past five to six years as a truly world-class, top calibre International roads exponent, the ever-cheerful Leeds based Johnston is confident that 2019 can prove another tumultuous year in terms of accomplishments, banking countless rostrum finishes and setting many a new personal best lap speed.
Alongside title backing from the Kingston Upon Hull based Ashcourt Group, Johnston’s 2019 roads quest is also backed by loyal sponsors Burdens and Phil Reed’s East Coast Construction company, plus renowned TT, all round motorsport sponsor Motul.
Prior to beginning his latest International roads tenure at the North West 200, ‘General Lee’ and the Ashcourt Racing crew will be gaining valuable track time taking in the ultra-competitive BSB affiliated, British Supersport series.
Reported by Stevie Rial – Road Racing News Beverley
- Most Children Award First Choice Secondary School Place
- Sunday Times Bestseller To Host Free Online Course To Help People Live Well With Dementia
- Trees Dedicated To Babies Born In East Riding Since First Lockdown
- How To Find Your Dream Home in Lockdown
- Longcroft School Share With MP How They Are Adapting To Remote Learning