The exciting event takes place on Friday, November, 23, and will see a special guest switch on the Christmas lights, followed by a dazzling firework display which promises to be bigger and better than last year.
“Last year’s Christmas lights switch-on was incredibly popular with thousands turning out to enjoy the event and fireworks.
“This year’s event will be bigger and better with more lights, more fireworks and a special guest to flick the switch.
“Our shops are also opening late, so visitors can make a start on the Christmas shopping too.
“We have a few other surprises lined up which will be revealed nearer the date. We’re very excited about it!”
Visitors will be able to enjoy a festive tipple and roaring log fires in the cosy tipi bar, Bartipi, which returns to Flemingate for a second year.
The Flemingate Christmas lights switch-on event begins at 5pm and is due to end at 8pm.
Late night shopping is until 9pm and Flemingate’s bars and restaurants are open as normal with parking in the 500-space car park is just £1 for three hours.
- Beaumont’s Garden Maintenance Back AFC Tickton Academy
- East Yorkshire Coaches Is Back And With A Fresh New Look
- Active Together Uses Technology To Help Residential Homes
- Booking Now Open For The Online East Riding Festival Of Words
- Thomas The Baker Officially Lays Claim To The Country’s Best Ever Mince Pies